Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I will agree...

That smoking less will help.

I can agree that many people need some help to stop.

But, when will we stop putting people "in charge" (they're not supposed to be, but that's the way it always ends up) that insist on making people miserable for their own good?

Bloomberg's latest asininity: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/bloomberg-latest-anti-smoking-push-require-stores-hide-174231138--politics.html

At least his soda ban got overturned.  I'm not sure his heart's in the right place on any of these - but I'm pretty sure he's not doing any proper thinking before he proposes & enacts this abject silliness (I can't quite classify it as "weapons-grade stupidity," but legislative stupidity is almost invariably stronger than the typical individual idiocy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment