Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Disclaimer:

It occurred to me that I should so one, so here goes:

- Not all posts will be 'work safe' - primarily due to language used (if I feel deeply about something, I should emphasize that.)  I'll try to warn you in the title.

- Most of the opinions I express here will probably be unpopular.  Why?  I'm a Draconian son-of-a-bitch, and I have heavy-duty opinions.  Deal.  I've seen the worst of Man's inhumanity to Man, and I'm pretty far from the real nadir.

- Not all of the opinions I will express here are even mine.  Why?  Sometimes I'll take an extreme point of view in an effort to blast you out of your complacency and trigger some independent thought.

- I'm perfectly willing to entertain opposing viewpoints.  I'm also willing to be convinced if I'm wrong.  However, simply telling me I'm wrong, or just disagreeing me, is NOT going to work.  Put some effort into it - an argument is not formed from the automatic, knee-jerk reflex gainsay of a position!  If you're not willing to put some thought into articulating your disagreement, I don't want to hear it.  TALK TO ME.

I am articulate and intelligent.  I am also rude, crude, and socially unacceptable.  I have strong opinions, but they are not fixed - they are indeed subject to change.  Are you willing to put forth the effort to convince me?

I don't have a theme for this blog because life doesn't have a theme.  The closest I get to a personal life theme is "up to eleven" - beyond that, things change too much!  This is just what I'm thinking about, what I see that I like, or what pisses me off - and offering a solution (after all, if you can't offer a potential solution to the problem, you don't understand the problem.  Again, "you're wrong!" is not an acceptable answer.)

Welcome aboard.  Did you bring your helmet?  Watch for flying objects!

-JDK

No comments:

Post a Comment