Sunday, March 10, 2013

DST Yet Again...

I am so tired of this nonsense.  It doesn't do anything useful, it won't do anything useful anymore, it screws with people, it screws with traffic twice a year (for about a fortnight at a time,) it screws with productivity, and it needs to stop.

Pick a time - I don't care which - and let us leave our clocks alone!

I don't care that many clocks are radio-synchronized or Internet-synchronized, I'm not going to drop $300 on a watch so I don't have to play with it - I'll probably screw it up anyhow (I can't wear digital, and battery-powered analogue watches are only good for 5-6 years for me.)

I grew up in Indiana without DST, and came out just fine.

Then that damned fool in Washington a few years back got the dates moved because "it puts a smile on people's faces."

You want to put a smile on my face?  Make the whole idea go away!

I'm about to throw all of my clocks on Zulu and leave them there - just remember what the current offset is.  Only problem with that is my wife doesn't think that way, and it would screw her up (it's taken her this long to get used to my thinking on a 24-hour dial...)

No comments:

Post a Comment